Saturday, March 8, 2014

Book Review: Countdown by Michelle Rowen

Saturday, March 8, 2014


OFFICIAL COVER


Countdown by Michelle Rowen
Published by: Harlequin Teen

Genres: Young Adult & Dystopia
Pages: 336 pages

Source: Goodreads


Goodreads Summary:
3 seconds left to live. Once the countdown starts, it cannot be stopped. 

2 pawns thrown into a brutal underground reality game. 

Kira Jordan survived her family's murder and months on plague-devastated city streets with hard-won savvy and a low-level psi ability. She figures she can handle anything. Until she wakes up in a barren room, chained next to the notorious Rogan Ellis. 

1 reason Kira will never, ever trust Rogan. Even though both their lives depend on it. 

Their every move is controlled and televised for a vicious exclusive audience. And as Kira's psi skill unexpectedly grows and Rogan's secrets prove evermore deadly, Kira's only chance of survival is to risk trusting him as much as her instincts. Even if that means running head-on into the one trap she can't escape. 

GAME OVER.








RATING: 5 out 5 stars.


First of all, thank you +Tiff Mostly YA Lit for this copy!

This book is about a teenage girl named Kira Jordan who wakes up in a barren room with Rogan Ellis, a notorious killer. They are chosen to be partners in a televised reality game but only certain amount of people can see what they're doing.
Kira is a strong girl, she never gave up, I loved how she overcomes her fear of the dark and how she cares for Rogan even though she's having a hard time of trusting everyone around her. While Rogan on the other hand is unpredictable but I liked how he eventually got more open to Kira about things he's hiding. I loved the setting, it kinda reminds me of The Hunger Games but trust me it's nothing like THG because THG is almost perfect, in my own opinion, no offense. I liked how it's not instant love because they had some trust issues at the beginning and I also liked how the story went. For me, it went smoothly which is good. I had this book a week or two ago, actually it took 2 months before I had it in my hands. I was intrigued by the title because it was like game-ish, and I think the title suit the book. At first glance, the cover really did attract my attention, the cover also did match the plot of the book. Each chapter has something to offer and it's easy to understand. My favorite character would be Kira, I think at some point I can relate to her, I'm also afraid of the dark but I eventually overcomed it. My least favorite would be Rogan's father. He's just so evil and I don't like it.

After reading this book, I felt happy. I understood why acceptance & forgiveness are really important. While reading this book I felt afraid, I felt happiness, I don't know... it's mix emotions! I liked the whole concept, I loved that the characters were flawed, I loved the book itself. I never regretted winning this book!

I would recommend this to readers who are into games & actions.




No comments:

Post a Comment