Monday, March 10, 2014

Book Review: The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

Monday, March 10, 2014
Title: The Goddess Test
Author: Aimee Carter
ISBN: 9780373210268
No. of Pages: 216 (Ecopy)
Genre: Young Adult; Fantasy
Release Date: 19 April 2011
RATING: 5 out 5 stars.
GOODREADS SUMMARY:"Every girl who had taken the test has died.
Now it's Kate's turn.
It's always been just Kate and her mom - and her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear that her mother won't live past the fall.
Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld - and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.
Kate is sure he's crazy - until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she succeeds, she'll become Henry's future bride and a goddess.
If she fails..." -----------

This book is powerful and enjoyable! Books about Greek gods/goddesses are always fun to read, in my opinion. This is a great story about Greek
 gods/goddesses, it's fun & refreshing. From the very beginning I was hooked. I was sucked into Kate’s tale and her story and I didn't want to leave it hanging.

The main character who is Kate Winters is the type of girl who loves her Mom more than anything else in this world. She is a tough girl, 
she doesn't give up easily, which is good, and that's why I loved her. Then she met Henry, a god, he's Hades to be exact. He's mysterious but mesmerizing, I could totally imagine him! He's one of my book boyfriends now, haha. I loved the all of the characters because they were all flawed, from Kate and Henry, to Ava and James, also Kate's mom, and the others in Eden Manor, the place where the Henry lives with the others.

I liked the concept, the characters, and the way Aimee Carter wrote this. It was all brilliant, there's nothing to dislike, in my opinion. The cover is amazing, it was the first thing that caught my attention. My favorite characters are Kate & Henry because they're both amazing. After reading the book, I understood what acceptance & forgiveness really means.

I would recommend this to people who loves Greek mythology and also to those who are searching for a good read! I loved it from the start til the end. Read it, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment