Sunday, March 16, 2014

Book Review: How To Say Goodbye in Robot by Natalie Standiford

Sunday, March 16, 2014
How To Say Goodbye in Robot
Author: Natalie Standiford
Genre: Young Adult
Pages: 276
Publisher: Scholastic Press, 2009
Source: Goodreads

RATING:★★★★★ 
Goodreads Summary:
"From bestselling author Natalie Standiford, an amazing, touching story of two friends navigating the dark waters of their senior year.

New to town, Beatrice is expecting her new best friend to be one of the girls she meets on the first day. But instead, the alphabet conspires to seat her next to Jonah, aka Ghost Boy, a quiet loner who hasn't made a new friend since third grade. Something about him, though, gets to Bea, and soon they form an unexpected friendship. It's not romance, exactly - but it's definitely love. Still, Bea can't quite dispel Jonah's gloom and doom - and as she finds out his family history, she understands why. Can Bea help Jonah? Or is he destined to vanish?"

MY REVIEW:

  This book is amazing. If I could only give it 5 more stars to make it perfect 10, I would do it for the sake of this SUPER amazing book. This book made me realized things, like a guy and a girl can be friends, you know just FRIENDS. It's not instant love and that's why I loved it! Ever since I finished reading this, I can't get over Bea and Jonah's friendship. Their friendship is awesome, they understand and accept each others flaws. They can be crazy with each other, that's the friendship I'm looking for and been wanting for the longest time. So back to the book, I love how strong Bea is. Honestly, I love the whole Bea. I love how Bea cares for everyone around her. Bea is one of those girls who is special and beautiful, inside and out. Let's move to Jonah, my book boyfriend at the moment, oh yes he is. Jonah is the kind of guy who you would want to be your friend for life. Jonah is one of a kind. He still loves his family even though things are complicated. I love how Jonah cares for his brother and for Bea. I love them both, they have the same attitude. They're both strong and amazing!

 I love how the story went but I was sad because of the ending, I admit, I was a little disappointed but then I thought it's the best for everyone. I really love how smooth it went. I love the emotions that I felt while reading this. I felt different emotions all throughout the book. I laughed, I smiled, I even frowned, and I almost cried but I fought my tears. I kept the sadness inside, but above all what happened, I loved the whole book. Natalie Standiford really did a good job. TWO THUMBS UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment