Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Book Review: The Sound of Letting Go by Stasia Ward Kehoe

Wednesday, March 12, 2014
The Sound of Letting Go
By Stasia Ward Kehoe
Publisher: Viking Juvenile
ISBN: 978-0670015535
Genre: Young Adult
Pages: 400
Source: Goodreads 
Rating: 4/5
 




 
REVIEW:

 I love this book. It really captured my heart, I felt the emotions that Daisy felt in the book. It's purely beautiful, this is actually the first I have read from Stasia Ward Kehoe and I didn't regret reading this. I think this is the very first verse novel I have ever read in my entire reading life. It's really hard to review this, I don't know what words to use or I'm having second thoughts if did I use the right words. This is about Daisy, who is a sixteen year old teenager who has an autistic younger brother, and her parents. Since the very beginning Daisy has been a good child to her parents but after her parents told her that they want to send her brother, Steven, to a institution. She decided to be a bad girl, and you know, it's like her revenge to her parents. As usual, there will always be this guy who'd make you look at things differently so there's Cal, a prodigy.

 Daisy is a strong girl, and don't get me wrong but I love how girls show that they're strong enough to handle situations. I love how she shows her passion for music.

 I liked that story went fast and amazing but what I don't like is the way it was written, it's not really that bad but we have our own opinions, so be it.

 I can relate to the story because I have an autistic uncle, but he does not have tantrums like Steven has. It felt so real, the characters flawed which is good. The concept is clearly brilliant. 


 You should read this if you are into young adult fiction. This book is happy, lonely, sweet, bitter, and heart-breaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment