Monday, April 28, 2014

Book Review: Lady Thief by Shelby Hailstone Law

Monday, April 28, 2014
Lady Thief
by Shelby Hailstone Law   
 
Publisher: Wild Child Publishing
Category: Teens/YA
Genre:
Action/Adventure/Light Romance
Pages: 275
Format: eBook (ePub)  
Rating: ★★★
 
>>>>><<<<<
 
SYNOPSIS:
The Lady Thief is the most famous criminal of her time, but ever since her brush with a spy named Devon, sappy love stories have replaced her previously imperious image.

So when Devon and his team embark on a secret project designed to create the ultimate superhuman agent, the Lady Thief quickly discovers that infiltrating his team is more complicated than she ever imagined.

Between her anger toward him for ruining her reputation and his growing affection for her cover identity, she is drowning in emotions she has never dealt with before. But when evidence points to a rival criminal messing with the team, can the Lady Thief walk away with a clear conscience, or will she risk everything to help the very people sworn to bring her in?

>>>>><<<<<
 
MY REVIEW:

I don't know what to say.

Okay, let me start with my real and very honest thought. Almost half of the book was boring. It made me want to sleep instead of reading it, but since I am dedicated to my hobby, reviewing books I had the courage to finish it. It wasn't really full of action, I was expecting it to have more actions. Since the synopsis was pretty cool, I love that it's about a famous criminal, Lady Thief or just Lena. Yes, Lena is her real name.

If you're gonna ask why I gave the book 3 stars that's because after reading the first half, it got better and it started to make sense. The second half has more actions than the first half and that's one of the reasons I gave it 3 stars. I also love how Lena changed. She became a better person and that's because she stayed in a camp (I guess it was a camp) with Devon's team. She became more open to the people around her.

My favorite character would be Devon! He's just cutely annoying and I love that he did not gave up on Lena, I love how he trusts Lena so much and that's equal to another star. In my opinion, Devon would make a great boyfriend. He's just awesome. My least favorite character would be Jared, he's just purely evil, end of story.

The ending was... good. Not very good nor very bad. I guess the book is not really for me. I won't recommend it but if you would like to read it then I won't stop you.

>>>>><<<<<

About the Author:

Although Shelby Hailstone Law was born in Utah, she was raised in Georgia from the age of three and considers herself a true Southern girl. She recently returned to Utah to attend Brigham Young University, where she met her husband, Matt Law, when they worked as summer camp counselors there. She recently graduated with her bachelor's degree in political science and a minor in editing, and she now works for Cedar Fort Publishing in Springville, Utah.

Get connected with the author!
Twitter / Goodreads / Blog

>>>>><<<<<

I know I haven't posted reviews as much as last month and I'm sorry about that. I just realized that it's so damn hard being a book blogger but still I love my blog & of course my book buddies!

See you soon, book buddies! Thank you for 1000 page views. I am so happy right now that I want to send you a virtual hug. *hugs*

Get connected with me!

Twitter / Goodreads / Tumblr / Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment