Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Book Review: The Vilincia Coven: The Watcher by Jennifer Thompson

Wednesday, May 7, 2014
The Watcher (The Vilincia Coven, #1) by Jennifer Thompson

Publisher: Createspace/Self-Published
Category: Young Adult
Genre:
Paranormal, Romance, Mystery/Thriller

Pages: 370
Format: Paperback, copy from Author
Rating: ★★★★ and a half

Goodreads Synopsis: 
A coven of witches hidden by a small town. The secrets buried deep in the past are finally breaking ground. The third generation of coven kids are now faced with the task of fixing the mistakes of their ancestors. With time running out can they save the world from their past? Or will they die trying to save us all?

>>>>><<<<<

MY REVIEW:


Wow. This book is pretty awesome. It's like all in one. From mystery, romance, paranormal, action, to adventure. I didn't expect I'd like this book. If you didn't know, I'm not really a fan of books in third person point of view, so I didn't get my hopes up for this book.

Whenever I pick up this book, I can't stop reading unless I needed to eat or do something important. From the very beginning of this book, I love how everything was explained. From explaining the Vilincia town, the founding 8 families, the family who turned dark, and everything else I needed to know.

The characters were pretty good. All of them are flawed, they admitted themselves and that's one of the reasons why I loved this book. My favorite character would be Benson, Cole's best friend. I just find him hilarious and a trustworthy friend. My least favorite character would be Felicia, she's going to be a future god as mentioned in the book and all she cares about is being a god and pursuing Cole to love her back. She's like an attention whore. Oops, sorry.


I find this book hilarious in some ways. Like, demons would just appear out of nowhere and attack people. I'm like What just happened? and also, they party every damn night. I didn't know there was a school who parties every night but eventually I learned to love everything about this book.

If you'd ask me why I only gave 4 and a half stars when I loved it. That's because I found some misspelled words. Like the word borrowed, in the book it's barrowed. I forgot the other words but I'm pretty sure the word borrowed was one of them.

Without further explanation, I loved the book from the beginning until the end. I can't wait for book two! Big thanks to the author of this book Miss Thompson for sending me a copy and letting me read an awesome book. Thank you so much! Good luck.


>>>>><<<<<

I know I've been on hiatus and I'm sorry for that! I've been busy and there's a rotating brown-out going on in our city so bear with me. Thank you and see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment