Thursday, July 10, 2014

Review: Madly, Deeply by Erica Crouch

Thursday, July 10, 2014
Title: Madly Deeply
Author: Erica Crouch
Publication: June 17th 2014 by Patchwork Press
Format: eBook, 288 pages
Genres: Young Adult, Re-telling, Romance
Source: Publisher via Netgalley (Thanks Patchwork Press!)
 Synopsis: 
 
It was many and many a year ago,
In a kingdom by the sea...

Annaleigh Wells and William Calloway had a love even the angels envied. It was as if the universe spun them toward one another, like the stars crafted their souls to fit perfectly together.

With a wedding on the horizon, fate had a change of heart. Whispered warnings from phantoms and morbid nightmares darkened every night—but even visions of the future couldn’t save Annaleigh.

Inspired by Edgar Allan Poe’s poem Annabel Lee, Crouch’s period romance Madly, Deeply tells the tale of love so great, it cannot be contained in just one life.

Review:

WOW. Madly, Deeply is a great and thrilling read for me. I was completely blown away by this novel.

The story is about Annaleigh (Anna) and William, a couple, who are living an almost perfect life together. They love each other dearly that they would be willing to die in each others arms. The story will unfold with unexpected events and heartbreaking scenes. (I had to hide while reading since people would think I'm crazy for crying over a book.)

The characters are pretty good and connected to each other. Of all characters, I loved William the most, since he stayed strong for Annaleigh because he loves her so much even though it's painful. Though he had some kind of break down because of what happened, he managed to stood up and finally had the courage to face reality again. Annaleigh was also a great character so as Mary, William's sister, they are great in their own ways.

The love story in this book was different from the other books I have read. It was beautifully different. This book showed me how love can be great in many ways. The book is not just about love for a special person but it also showed love and importance of family, which is great.


The concept was great! I like how this book was inspired by Edgar Allan Poe's poem, Annabel Lee. I'm not really a big fan of Poe but I must say his poems are great just like this book. Crouch's writing style was also great, it was a beautiful book written in a third person point-of-view.  


The book sucked me in and I couldn't stop! I would always say '1 more chapter', so I read more and more then I totally forgot it was already 12 midnight and the book was finished! (Plus it's Monday! School day! Oh no!) But let me tell you, it was worth it that I stayed until 12 midnight just to finished a great book.

The ending wasn't really what I was hoping for but it worked good for me. I was happy for everyone. I can't wait to read more books from Erica Crouch. This book is highly recommended! Hands down to Miss Crouch for writing a beautiful masterpiece.

(P.S I couldn't find the right words to express how beautiful this book was! I had to edit and edit just to make this post readable, haha. So much love and feels for this book!)

Rating:
★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment