Saturday, September 20, 2014

Review: Imitation by Heather Hildenbrand

Saturday, September 20, 2014
 IMITATION (Clone Chronicles #1)
by


Young Adult- Science Fiction, Dystopia
Published July 29th 2014 by Alloy Entertainment
eBook provided by Mark My Words Book Publicity
Synopsis: 
Everyone is exactly like me. There is no one like me.

Ven wrestles with these contradicting truths every day. A clone of wealthy eighteen-year-old Raven Rogen, Ven knows everything about the girl she was created to serve: the clothes she wears, the boys she loves, the friends she loves to hate. Yet she’s never met the Authentic Raven face-to-face.

Imitations like Ven only get to leave the lab when they’re needed—to replace a dead Authentic, donate an organ, or complete a specific mission. And Raven has never needed Ven . . . until now.

When there is an attack on Raven’s life, Ven is thrust into the real world, posing as Raven to draw out the people who tried to harm her. But as Ven dives deeper into Raven’s world, she begins to question everything she was ever told. She exists for Raven, but is she prepared to sacrifice herself for a girl she’s never met?

GENERAL:
Imitation reminds me of Starters by Lissa Price, which I loved also. I found them similar in some ways except that in Imitation, there's a place full of Imitations and if something happens to their Authentic in the real world (where real humans live), the Imitations get to live the life of their Authentic, if ordered by the big boss. While in Starters, the older people gets to rent the bodies of the young ones. Trust me, both books are amazing and really worth reading!

I love that this book is filled with action, too. The revelations were shocking and I kind of teared up a bit at some point. I just got carried away with Lincoln and Ven.

CHARACTER(S):
The main character, Ven, is a Imitation of Raven Rogen. Raven is a daughter of a very rich man and she's like a spoiled brat. Ven was summoned by Raven's father to do a mission regarding his daughter. 'Imitations are only needed when they need to replace a dead Authentic, donate an organ, or complete a mission.' An Imitation is not a robot, though. They're like a duplicate of a specific person.

There's also a bit of romance, which I found cute. Lincoln, Ven's love interest, is her personal bodyguard. He's really protective towards Ven and as the story progresses, they're both falling in love with each other. The romance didn't overpower the story which is amazing. They're just so cute for each other. Really swoon-worthy!

PLOT AND WRITING STYLE:
The plot is amazing. The world-building is too. I am really impressed with the plot and with the writing style, too. I admire Hildenbrand's writing style, it's very articulate.

FINAL VERDICT:
I kind of wanted more but it's still great. Everything about this book is very amazing. I would totally re-read this book!

Rating:
4.5/5 stars 
★★★★ ½

This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment