Saturday, September 6, 2014

Review: Life II by Scott Spotson

Saturday, September 6, 2014
Title: Life II
Author:
Publication: February 5th 2013 (Self-published)
Format: Paperback (for review), 656 pages
Genres: (Adult/YA) Science Fiction, Time Travel
Source: Review copy sent by the author. (Thank you!)

Synopsis: 

Upon discovering a 1958 book titled "Account of Time Travel on Earth Using Wave Theory," 42-year-old Max Thorning's life is thrown into chaos. Seeking answers to the book's cryptic clues, he discovers Dr. Time, a seemingly benign alien who has control of the Time Weaver, a remarkable device that can command any scene from the Earth's past. Dr. Time offers him a choice to go back into Time, to any point in his lifespan that he can vividly recall. The catch: he can only bring his memories, and can only live the future one day at a time. Follow Max's dilemma as he goes back to his 16-year-old self and tries to forge his destiny into a new one called Life II.

Review:

GENERAL:
At first, I didn't know this book is about time traveling and then when I found out it was about time traveling, I was so happy because books that involves time traveling is one of my favorite things! When I started reading the book, I got hooked to Max's story and I can't stop myself from reading. It didn't disappoint me.
 
One of the things that made me love this book is; how Max valued his family more than anything else. While reading the story in a third person perspective, you can really see that Max loves his family more than himself. Every chapter has something to offer and trust me, I didn't get bored even though there were some tiny details that were unnecessary. I also love how the story progresses.

CHARACTER(S):
Max is a great character, I admired him so much. I consider Max as a selfless person and he was a truly great son, friend, father, and husband. He is a really persistent person too. He didn't stop from achieving what he really wants.

Everyone in this book is flawed, which is really awesome. Of all the characters, my favorite would be Max's best friend, Garfield. Garfield is dumb sometimes but he's the kind of friend who will stay beside you through thick and thin. I'd really love Garfield to be my best friend too.

PLOT AND WRITING STYLE:
The plot of this book really impressed me. It was a great idea and I love how Scott Spotson came up with this idea. As for the writing style, it was great too. I love the way he wrote this book. Everything was perfectly understandable.

FINAL VERDICT:
I did enjoy reading this book and I would totally recommend this book to those people who loves to read books that involves time traveling. Totally worth reading!

Rating:
 
★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment