Friday, April 22, 2016

RHEW 2 RHEW Blog Tour: The Prophecy (The Fulfillment Series, #1) by Erin Rhew

Friday, April 22, 2016

WE HAVE A SPECIAL GUEST ON THE BLOG TODAY!!!


Hello Book Buddies and Book Buddies' readers! I'm so happy to be here today! <waves> 
- Erin Rhew

I'm here as part of the Rhew 2 Rhew tour! My husband, Deek Rhew, wrote an amazing thriller called 122 Rules, published by Pandamoon on April 5! In addition, my publisher chose the month of April to feature my trilogy, so Deek and I decided to make a thing of it. And the Rhew 2 Rhew Tour was born! ;) Stay tuned because there's an opportunity for you to enter a Rafflecopter drawing for a chance at a $50 Amazon gift card!




1. Hello Miss Erin! It's an honor to have you here on the blog. The Prophecy is your debut novel, right? So for those who don't know much about it, could you tell us more about your novel?

Hello, Kyla! Thanks so much for having me. I'm honored to be here. Yes, in 2013, The Prophecy was my debut novel. I've since gone on to write and have published the other two books in the series: The Outlanders and The Fulfillment. So, no more waiting for books to come out; you can read the whole story now! ;)

The Fulfillment Series is about a girl who is proclaimed the Fulfillment of an ancient peace prophecy and whisked away from her family and friends to make a new life in the land of her greatest enemy. Along the way to this new home, something happens that changes the course of her life.

The series touches on war, peace, love, friendship, and family. Layla is a strong female character with a supporting cast that includes an honorable, noble prince in Wil; a wild, passionate outsider in Nash; a sweet but tough princess in Vespa; and Grant and Samson--brothers who'll make you swoon and laugh at the same time.




2. How did you come up with the idea of The Prophecy?


I'm not sure I came up with The Prophecy as much as it found me. I'm always pondering the world around me, and at that time, Arthurian legend and Game of Thrones were at the forefront of my mind. One night, the worlds Vanguard and Ethereal came into my mind, and I knew they were warring nations. Then the names Layla, Wil, Nash, and Samson popped into my head too, and the story started to flow from there.


I contacted a group of my friends and asked if they'd be interested in reading my story as I developed it. They gave an enthusiastic "yes" and became my Dream Team!


Left to right: Danielle Craver, Dawn Ward, Ginny Hunsberger, Kim Sharp. I'm kneeling.

3. Layla Givens, the main character of The Prophecy, seems like an interesting character. What do you love about her the most?

I love that she's got a good, tender, loyal heart but is tough too. She's doesn't take problems lying down, but faces them head-on. My dad used to tell me I couldn't come to him and complain unless I offered a solution at the end. As a young person, I really hated that, but as an adult, I see the value. I think a little of Layla's personality developed out of that mentality.



My parents and me


4. What's the best thing about writing The Prophecy?

Well, I really enjoyed working with my friends on the project, and I've really loved interacting with fans, other authors, and bloggers since it's come out. But I'd have to say, joining Twitter was the best thing to come out of The Prophecy. Wut? Hang with me... When I joined to Twitter, I found a group of fellow authors in a critique partner group, and I joined them. The leader of the group paired me up with someone who needed some help from my grammar nerd-ness. That person turned out to be...Deek, the man who would become my husband. Yes, we met on Twitter. Yes, meeting him is the best thing to ever have come out of my writing. Even if I'm never a bestseller, I met my soul mate, and that's worth all the money and fame in the world!


One of the first pics of Deek and me


5. Recommend your novel, The Prophecy, to the readers.

My series is about war, love, friendship, family, and the struggle for peace. It contains five people groups: Vanguard (endowed with supernatural strength), Ethereals (with the ability to control minds), Outlanders (their power is a closely guarded secret), Ecclesiastics (the religious order), and Voltons (the scientists). They’re all bound together by this prophecy that promises peace for the centuries-long war between Vanguard and Etherea.


It explores themes like destiny, prejudice, and faith as each character struggles to find his or her place in this complicated, war-torn world.




The Prophecy is a Readers' Favorite Five Star Seal winner


6. What's next for Erin Rhew? Do you have any upcoming works?


Lately, my job at BookFish Books and the promotion of Deek's upcoming work has kept me pretty busy. But, I do have several manuscripts in the works. I'm almost done re-revising what is turning out to be my magnum opus, an adult historical fiction novel called Restore to Me. I also have another young adult fantasy in production about a boy who's gifted with a very dangerous power and everyone is after him to either control him or contain him. It's kind of like a reverse hero tale meets Terminator. LOL!





Kyla, thanks for the lovely questions and for featuring me on your blog! Readers, I'm so glad you joined us. Here's more information about me and my husband, Deek, as well as our books and the giveaway! :)


For those that don't know, Erin is a young adult fantasy author who is married to adult thriller author, Deek Rhew. Together, they are "the Rhews," and their street team is the Rhewination!


Deek and Erin-- Join the Rhewination! ;) 

Last week, Deek went on blog tour to celebrate the release of his latest book, 122 Rules. And this week, Erin is on tour to promote her fantasy trilogy, The Fulfillment Series! PS. There's a giveaway--a $50 Amazon gift card!!

So, here's a little bit more about Erin, Deek, and The Fulfillment Series:


The Prophecy (Fulfillment Series Book 1)


Title: The Prophecy
Author: Erin Rhew
Publisher: BookFish Books
Cover Design: Anita at Race-Point
Available Now! Amazon Buy Link 

Synopsis: 

Growing up on a small farm in the kingdom of Vanguard, seventeen-year-old Layla Givens lives a deceptively tranquil existence. But her carefully constructed life quickly falls apart when she's abducted by a religious zealot who proclaims her The Fulfillment of an ancient peace prophecy and whisks her away to marry her greatest enemy.

Wilhelm, Prince of the Ethereals, is reluctant to meet his new bride. He's grown up believing Vanguards are evil, an enemy to fight and fear...not love. Can he set aside his prejudices and work alongside Layla to bring lasting peace after centuries of war? 

Nash, a loner who has never fit in, carries a huge secret, one big enough to destroy both kingdoms. When he accidently meets Layla, he's no longer content to live in the shadows, but he must resist his growing attraction--for her safety and for the longevity of the two kingdoms. 

When Nash's secret is revealed, a firestorm sweeps through both realms, with Layla at the center. Now she must choose between duty and desire while the fate of two nations hangs in the balance.


The Outlanders (Fulfillment Series Book 2) 


Title: The Outlanders
Author: Erin Rhew
Publisher: BookFish Books
Cover Design: Anita at Race-Point
Available Now! Amazon Buy Link 

The Fulfillment (Fulfillment Series Book 3)



Title: The Fulfillment
Author: Erin Rhew
Publisher: BookFish Books
Cover Design: Anita at Race-Point
Available Now! Amazon Buy Link 

About Erin Rhew

Erin Rhew


Erin Rhew is an editor, a running coach, and the author of The Fulfillment Series. Since she picked up Morris the Moose Goes to School at age four, she has been infatuated with the written
word. She went on to work as a grammar and writing tutor in college and is still teased by her family and friends for being a member of the "Grammar Police."

A Southern girl by blood and birth, Erin now lives in a rainy pocket of the Pacific Northwest with the amazingly talented (and totally handsome) writer Deek Rhew and their “overly fluffy,” patient-as-a-saint writing assistant, a tabby cat named Trinity. She and Deek enjoy reading aloud to one another, running, lifting, boxing, eating chocolate, and writing side-by- side.



Connect with Erin Online!



For the latest and greatest, visit her web page:


About Deek Rhew


Deek Rhew
Deek lives in a rainy pocket in the Pacific Northwest with the stunning YA author bride, Erin Rhew, and their writing assistant, a fat tabby named Trinity. They enjoy lingering in the mornings, and often late into the night, caught up Erin’s fantastic fantasy worlds of noble princes and knights and entwined in Deek’s dark underworld of the FBI and drug lords.

He and Erin love to share books by reading aloud to one another. In addition, they enjoy spending time with friends, running, boxing, lifting weights, and exploring the little town--with antique shops and bakeries--they call home.



Connect with Deek Online!




For the latest and greatest, visit his web page:

Find Deek's Novels Online!






Random Fun With Deek and Erin

Always laughing together

Celebrating their anniversary in style! ;) 

Enjoying every moment!

Their cat and literary assistant, Trinity--leader of Rhewination!

Sharing every secret and every facet of life with each other! 

Rafflecopter Giveaway

Want a chance to win a $50 Amazon gift card?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for hosting me, lovely! You were SUCH a blast to work with! All the best to you in life and blogging!

    ReplyDelete